Sunday 3 August 2008

Steaming

The Daimler takes it's place at Kemble - it's first outing since being restored by Brother-in-Law.
Sister-in-Law is fully trained with the chamois leather!
I would love to have had a ride astride one of these hot beasts and discovered it's engine!
These men I don't think would have approved!
I risked being mown down from behind when taking this photo of this steam engine as it passed our house on it's way to Kemble.

We had a lovely day - the sun shone after all - Sister-in-Law and myself have really windburnt faces and both feel on fire at the moment.

3 comments:

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Good to hear that you had a fantastic day Lindsay. It was a bit variable up here but no rain thankfully! If I ever get the chance to look at the Kemble Show we'll have to get over there. It looks like fun.

cheshire wife said...

Great photos. Good to hear that the rain held off. Take care of your face!

Liz Hinds said...

The daimler is in lovely condition. My godmother's husband collected old daimlers with the intention of doing them up - but I don't think he ever did!