Saturday 27 June 2009

Boom Boooom Boom

I woke up in the middle of Thursday night with my heart racing like Formula One. Husband and I contemplated dialling 999 but thought the dee daa dee daa would wake up the village! We drove via Cirencester Hospital to Swindon Great Western and I entered the nightmare of the ping ping ping of heart monitors in the Acute Care Unit -the noisiest place on earth as the medics rush round carrying out their expert care. I must say all tests were carried out at speed - good for the NHS. Back to the peace of the countryside today but more ECG's etc etc soon!

12 comments:

Maggie May said...

Oh dear...... Hope it is just a blip and nothing too serious.
Take it easy.
Maybe you were having a nightmare?

Marian Dean said...

Well, you are making light of it, but it is something worth getting in a boom boom boom about. Lets hope the tests will tell the great ones in the medical profession how to stop it happening again.
Prayers and all that...
Love Granny

mountainear said...

Hope it's just a blip too - hope the tests prove it easily sort-outable.

Best wishes

Cathy said...

Hello Lindsay
If there was anything seriously wrong I'm sure they wouldn't have let you go home.
Enjoy your summer days
Take care
Cathy

Sian said...

Here's hoping it was just a blip too! As Cathy said I'm sure they wouldn't have allowed you home if they felt it was really serious. Sending soothing vibes anyway!

Lane Mathias said...

Cripes that must have been very scary.
I'm glad the NHS were so efficient and I hope you're feeling ok now.
Hope the next tests get to the bottom of it.

Take good care.

Twiglet said...

Best of luck with all the tests - hope it was just a little blip.

MarmiteToasty said...

Goodness me, hoping like maggie its just a blip..... fingers crossed and setting you good thoughts..

x

Liz Hinds said...

Hope you're okay now, lindsay. Take care. x

Carol said...

That must have given you a hell of a fright!! Like everyone else has said...I hope it's just a blip and that your feeling better!!

C x

cheshire wife said...

How frightening. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing more than heartburn.

Look after yourself. Hope that you will soon be feeling better.

Lindsay said...

Thanks for your comments - I am awaiting cardiologist appointment hoping in the meantime I do not have to make another trip to A & E!