Wednesday 31 December 2008

Snail's Pace

This time between Christmas and New Year is neither one thing or the other. The weather is still below freezing which is quite exciting for a "weather nerd" like me. We might have what is termed a "freezing day" today with the temperature not going above zero. We have not had one of these days for quite some years (will have to look up in my record book if I could find it!). New Years Eve is my son's birthday (what a time to choose) and today is his 40th - so Happy Birthday to Tim.

5 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Indeed Happy Birthday Tim - from 2009.

Nowt strange or daft happened yet in NZ.

Sincere Happy New Year, dear Lindsay, to you and to your family and friends.

Care and huggles from Tauranga (where my folks retired to) NZ.

Boyfromoz said...

Happy New Year to my dear Bigfoot and her long suffering husband. Oh, and a very happy 40th to young Tim! Nasty weather here, overcast, windy and drizzle. 39 C today in Perth, so we look forward to getting their weather in a couple of days, once it's crossed W.A and South Australia. RIP 2008 and the Oz cricket team!
Pip Pip!

Suburbia said...

Happy Birthday to Tim too!!
Lovely photo :)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

A Happy Birthday Tim from me too. (same age as my son and stepson)

And a Very Happy New Year to you and your family Lindsay.

A x

Almost Mrs Average said...

Gorgeous photo...and I can agree that 40 is most definitely a wonderful age to be...I can also vouch for the temperatures in your neck of the woods, as I travelled back to Suffolk along the M4 yesterday. The fields either side of the motorway looked positively freezing.