Friday 29 January 2010

I Can Never Win!

Here are some of my friends participating in an aqua class. I swim madly in the far lane against the swooshing current the "mermaids"? create! For some time now my arms have been giving me trouble - but I think slowly getting better due to physiotherapy. To vary my swimming I have recently added in breast stroke with a dolphin kick (being unable to utilise the proper leg movement due to my horrible wonky knees). I am now hobbling! My knees have decided to object to an unfamiliar movement - this weekend I shall have to walk with the beastly crutches most of the time to give them a rest. My brother calls me "bigfoot" for obvious reasons - I expect I shall be able to propel myself along with just my feet - I shall give it a try next week!

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

You are really lucky you learnt to swim. I tried always but gave up a few years ago.
Lovely fun picture. I am waving back!

Nuts in May

Gill - That British Woman said...

kudo's to you for at least trying and not giving up.......

Gill in Canada

Callie Brady said...

You do way better in the water than I can. I haven't been in a pool in over 15 years. Sounds like fun! Take it easy and enjoy.

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Looks lovely, Lindsay! You've made me want to get back in the pool big time. I must do it! I must do it!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Swimming's fun and supposed to be the best exercise there is . I would do it too if it didn't involve getting wet .
In our local pool you can ride an excercise bike under water ( well , obviously your head is above water ! ) . Super fit in a few weeks ....in theory , anyway . I'm almost tempted .