Tuesday 18 August 2009

Ooh, I was so embarrassed!

Yesterday evening, as usual, accompanied Husband and his three friends around the local golf course. I stood on the first tee whilst the four men gathered their golfing kit together. Along came a young couple who had just finished their round, they stopped in front of me and said "How can you play golf with those crutches"? I replied, with a nod of my head towards Husband and his buddies, "Oh, I am just nominated the non-playing captain"! The couple then tiraded me about the state of the course, why was there not a womens' tee position on the fifth hole? Why had the wasps' nest not be attended to, etc etc. It suddenly occurred to me that the couple thought I was the ladies captain of the golf club. I did not enlighten them but the five of us had a good laugh afterwards! By the state of their play last night I think I could have beaten Husband and the other three players if I had used my crutches!!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

You'll have to hope that you don't bump into them again or you'll get all their complaints all over again!!

LOL at the image of you playing golf with your crutches!!

C x

Unknown said...

That made me chuckle! You must have been quite none-plussed for the best part of their tirade...till light dawned! And next time tell them you don’t need a golf club as you’re below (or is it above? Not a golfer) par hitting the ball with a crutch…

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

How funny - you'll have to wear a cap with "Captain" on it next time! A

Ladybird World Mother said...

!!! I can just imagine your total confusion!! So funny. Glad you saw through their tirade without using crutches over their heads. xx