Woke up this morning and looked out of bedroom window - cows had broken through electric fencing and raided our compost heap (I do not mind that) and eaten most of our apple tree! We quickly erected some green fencing and informed farmer that cows might have tummy aches through eating hot compost!
As I have called my blog 'Rural Villager' and I appreciate countryside living - I must take what comes! Actually it is the very windy weather that is getting Husband and I down at the moment - our garden (now almost two years old) is suffering and young plants are curling their leaves up at the icy blasts!
I have been asked to do this meme by Lane's Write - so here goes:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was a secretary working from home to a chartered surveyor who also worked at his home in a garden shed - I typed many long survey reports. Hobbling around on the wonky knees before they were made even wonkier with replacement knees. Dodger, our black labrador, was keepng Husband fit. We also kept about 20 hens, most of which were rare breeds.
Five things on your to-do list for today:
1) Watch Wimbledon.
2) ) Ignore doorbell so that I can watch Wimbledon
3) About every hour search field for bull as he is ill to make sure he is still standing. Inform farmer if he looks dodgy.
4) Ride Supatrike to village shop to get some cash
5) Tell Husband when he comes home from a golf competition what a busy day I had!
What are three of your bad habits?
1) Speaking too fast.
2) Eating chocolate in the form of Magnums
What snacks do you enjoy?
1) Sliced Bananas with milk
2) Jacobs Chocolate Biscuits with orange cream centres
3) Fruit and nut mix
4) Bread and jam
5) Avocardo Pear
What were the last five books you read?
1) The Poisonwood Bible
2) In My Country by Ian Walthew
3) Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir
4) The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir.
5) All in the series of Ladies Detective Agency
What are five jobs you have had?
3. Fruit and Veg Shop Assistant
4. Secretary to Timex Head Office in Bermuda
5. Receptionist at local doctor's surgery
Five places you’ve lived
1) Born into a washing up bowl in a pub in Usk, Wales. Mum was a milk tester and had to rush to the nearest place of assistance as I came a month early.
2) Leatherhead in Surrey until 18
3) Bermuda for four years in my early 20's
4) South Glos
5) North Wilts
Phew - have had enough of that - I pass this on to anyone else who cares to have a go. It is back to Wimbledon goggle watching for me!
Images Of Jesus Everywhere
2 hours ago