Monday 2 June 2008

More About Supatrike

On the day Supatrike was due to be delivered from a local firm, I heard comments on Jonnie Walker show on Radio 2 (standing in for Terry Wogan) about an old man driving his scooter around a roundabout the wrong way. I rushed to this computer and typed an email explaining that not all of us scooter riders were maronic - much to my amusement Jonnie read the email over the airwaves. The mobility scooter firm had the radio on in their workshops and were also amused. When Supatrike was delivered that evening it had attached a large notice saying "As advertised on Radio 2". We all had a good laugh.

Next day I proudly vroom vroomed my way to the village shop - I was surprised to see people waving me along - it appears that our village has a lot of Radio 2 listeners!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Woo hoo on the super trike. Don't drive too fast though, or the wrong way on a roundabout. You have a reputation to keep up now! LOL ( lots of laughter)