Sunday 29 June 2008

Proms in a Garden


The local BUPA Care Home opened it's lovely gardens for a fairly genteel (it has to be said) proms night. The Gloucestershire Youth Orchestra were playing - decided not to put them off with flash photography and concentrate my efforts on the Pimms we and our friends were quickly demolishing. It was a lovely relaxed evening.
I say relaxed because I have experienced one or two hairy moments at concerts both classical and pop. Westonbirt Arboretum put on several large concerts each year. Some of my wrinkly swimming friends latched on to the fact that I am a holder of a Blue Disability Badge - their great idea is to get me to drive so that the Disabled Car Park can be used which gets us nearer to the venue to lug our picnic etc etc. However driving on the way out can be a nightmare as obviously we are at the end of the queue. I can remember one year getting quite scared. It was pitch black and I had to drive the car over stinging nettles and hidden fallen branches - the girls in the back seats just egging me on to "hurry up"!

3 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Ah the joys of being the 'designated driver'!

glad you had a good evening and love the header photo on your blog!

Lindsay said...

Lane - thanks for your comment!

www.retiredandcrazy.com said...

Thanks for visiting my site Lindsay.

Pimms - mmmm! Before my daughter took some of my family to live in France she gave wonderful pool parties. This gave me the opportunity and pleasure of teaching my grand/grtgrandchildren the art of "Nanny getting merry on Pimms". I think it all adds to their life experiences!

Ann xx